Sameer Wankhede, a 2008 batch IRS officer, has acted in opposition to a number of Bollywood celebrities whereas dealing with customs, service tax and narcotics operations in numerous capacities.
Here’s a checklist of 13 high-profile circumstances wherein Sameer Wankhede took authorized motion in opposition to Bollywood celebrities through the years.
In a latest interview, he mentioned, “I’m not in opposition to Bollywood however I’m in opposition to those that break the regulation.”
1) SHAH RUKH KHAN: In July 2011, Shah Rukh Khan was stopped and interrogated by a workforce of airport customs division headed by Sameer Wankhede. Shah Rukh Khan was fined Rs 1.5 lakh for carrying extra baggage. The actor had arrived at Mumbai airport after a household trip in Holland and London.
Shah Rukh Khan leaves Arthur Street Jail after visiting his son Aryan on Oct 21, 2021 | PTI
2) MINISSHA LAMBA: Actress Minissha Lamba was detained at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Worldwide Airport in Could 2011 after arriving via an Emirates flight from Cannes. She was intercepted by a workforce of then assistant commissioner (customs) Sameer Wankhede. She had undeclared assorted diamond jewelry and different valuable stones price Rs 50 lakh. She was allowed to depart after 16 hours of investigation.
3) ANUSHKA SHARMA: In June 2011, a workforce of assistant commissioner (customs) Sameer Wankhede intercepted Anushka Sharma at Mumbai airport and located a diamond bracelet, necklaces, earrings and two costly watches price Rs 35 lakh undeclared. She was allowed to depart the airport after 11 hours.
4) KATRINA KAIF: Katrina Kaif confronted hassle in September 2012 at Mumbai airport when she arrived on a Cathay Pacific flight and exited the terminal with out claiming any baggage. When her two assistants, P Chaddha and Arun Sharma, went once more contained in the terminal to gather the baggage, they had been detained by Sameer Wankhede’s workforce. The officers discovered an Apple iPad, Rs 30,000 undeclared money and two bottles of whisky. The 2 had been then questioned by then deputy commissioner (customs) Sameer Wankhede, and a high quality of Rs 12,000 was slapped underneath the International Change Regulation Act.
File picture of Katrina Kaif | PTI
5) RANBIR KAPOOR: In Could 2013, Ranbir Kapoor was detained and fined Rs 60,000 after touchdown at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Worldwide Airport on a British Airways flight from London. He was detained by Sameer Wankhede’s workforce whereas utilizing a passage meant strictly for officers and airport employees. When Kapoor’s baggage was checked, undeclared costly perfumes, garments and footwear price about Rs 1 lakh was discovered and a high quality was imposed by Wankhede. He was detained for nearly 40 minutes.
6) MIKA SINGH: In February 2013, singer Mika Singh was detained when he tried to maneuver out of Mumbai worldwide airport with out declaring over Rs 9 lakh after he arrived from Bangkok. Singh was detained by the customs’ Air Intelligence Unit headed by Sameer Wankhede. Two liquor bottles, sun shades and perfumes had been present in Mika’s bag.
7) BIPASHA BASU: Actress Bipasha Basu was stopped at Mumbai Worldwide Airport after arriving from London in 2011 by Sameer Wankhede’s workforce and slapped with a high quality of Rs 12,000 for not declaring imported valuables price Rs 60 lakh. She had allegedly not declared footwear, designer sun shades and purses.
8) ANURAG KASHYAP: In August 2013, when Sameer Wankhede labored with the Service Tax Division as Deputy Commissioner, a high quality of Rs 55 lakh was imposed on Anurag Kashyap for service tax evasion. His accounts had been additionally sealed in December for not obeying the summons issued by the division.
File picture of Anurag Kashyap | PTI
9) VIVEK OBEROI: In September 2013, actor Vivek Oberoi was summoned by the Service Tax Division, the place Wankhede was posted as Deputy Commissioner, for allegedly evading service tax of Rs 40 lakh, which he had collected from producers.
10) RHEA CHAKRABORTY: Actor Rhea Chakraborty was arrested on September 8, 2020, when Sameer Wankhede was heading the Mumbai workplace of the Narcotics Management Bureau (NCB) as Zonal Director. She was arrested primarily based on her alleged WhatsApp chats and fees of consuming medication.
Rhea Chakraborty exterior NCB workplace in Mumbai on Jan 4, 2021 | PTI
11) DEEPIKA PADUKONE, SHRADDHA KAPOOR, SARA ALI KHAN: The three actors had been summoned and questioned in September 2020 primarily based on WhatsApp chats which the NCB unearthed throughout its investigation of the Rhea Chakraborty medication case.
Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan on the NCB workplace in Mumbai | PTI
12 ) ARMAAN KOHLI: Actor Armaan Kohli was arrested by the NCB in August 2021 on fees of drug consumption. The arrest and raids had been carried out underneath NCB’s Mumbai chief Sameer Wankhede’s supervision.
Armaan Kohli at NCB workplace, in Mumbai on Sept 1, 2021 | PTI
13) ARYAN KHAN: Actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was detained on October 2 and arrested the subsequent day after a workforce lead by NCB’s Sameer Wankhede busted a drug celebration that was allegedly deliberate on a Mumbai cruise. Actor Ananya Panday was additionally summoned and questioned by the NCB just lately on this case.