EASTPOINT, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) – 5 individuals are in custody after a drug raid in Eastpoint. Franklin County Sheriff’s deputies stated a few of them had been overtly snorting or smoking medication after they entered the trailer. Sheriff A.J. Smith stated he’s had sufficient.
“One drug home with individuals utilizing medication and promoting medication makes the complete neighborhood a foul place to stay and never a nice place to stay,” Smith stated. “We wish to shut them down.”
Smith is ensuring the general public is aware of precisely what’s taking place. He put these criminals on blast by stay streaming on Fb when all the pieces went down round 10 o’clock Monday evening.
“Dangerous individuals like accomplish that many dangerous issues underneath the duvet of darkness and that’s what they accomplish that exposing them on Fb, then their cloak has been pulled away,” Smith stated.
He stated they discovered roughly 80 grams of crystal meth contained in the trailer, which he considers to be quite a lot of medication for his or her small group.
He additionally stated methamphetamine has been popping up extra usually recently.
“It’s coming from Mexico now. Tons of it’s coming throughout the border now. It’s stepping into our communities,” Smith stated.
The Sheriff’s Workplace remains to be attempting to determine who’s supplying the medication. However deputies stated they did arrest one of many main sellers, 54-year-old John Edmund Evans.
“Evan’s is a drug seller in Franklin County, however he was additionally promoting medication in Liberty County. He had kinda fashioned a community,” Smith stated. “He has been out and in of jail, out and in of jail.”
Others charged embrace Shawn Lechelle Cheyenne Hartsfield, Tracy Jill Sommers, Donald Dwayne Web page, and Scott Everette Lenderman.
Smith stated catching these criminals is a group effort. He’s asking in case you see something suspicious, to achieve out.
In response to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Workplace, expenses embrace:
- Hartsfield, 30- Drug Tools- Possession AND/OR Use
- Evans, 54- Drug Tools- Possession AND/OR Use; Amphetamine- Visitors- or Methamphetamine 14 Grams or Over; Medicine- Promote- Methamphetamine inside 1000 ft. worship/enterprise
- Sommers, 59- Medicine-Possession- Possession Methamphetamine with intent to promote, manufacture ship; Public Order Crimes- Maintain Pub Nuisance Construction for Drug Exercise; Drug Tools Possession AND/OR Use
- Web page, 47- Medicine-Possession- Possession Methamphetamine with intent to promote manufacture ship
- Lenderman, 52- Marijuana- Possession- no more than 20 grams
Copyright 2021 WJHG. All rights reserved.