Taking cognizance of complaints alleging that there was an exponential enhance within the incidents of crime in opposition to ladies in Rajasthan, the Nationwide Human Rights Fee, (NHRC) has despatched notices to the Chief Secretary, and the Director-Common of Police, Rajasthan.
Underlining that the cardinal responsibility of the State is to defend the rights of the ladies and punish the perpetrators with out fail, the Fee has famous that allegedly, 80,000 circumstances had been registered within the State pertaining to the crime in opposition to ladies within the final 12 months.
“Out of which greater than 12,000 are the rape circumstances. Giving the press clippings in help of the allegations, the Fee has requested for its intervention within the matter“, the press launch of the NHRC states.
Additional, the Fee has noticed that the allegations and the incidents look like ‘severe in nature indicating violation of human rights.
Considerably, the NHRC has acknowledged,
“It seems that there was an unabated crime in opposition to ladies within the State, which raises a query mark on the efficacy of the State Equipment in curbing such crimes.”
Accordingly, the Fee has issued the notices directing the involved events to investigate into the particular incidents and submit an Motion Taken Report mentioning every of the incidents to the Fee inside 4 weeks.
NHRC has additionally directed them to tell the Fee about the steps being taken by the State for uplifting confidence in the ladies and the women making certain their security and safety within the State.
In its press launch, the Fee has additionally talked about about some incidents particularly associated to crime in opposition to ladies which occurred in throughout final month and which had been highlighted by the Complainant earlier than the Fee.
Considerably, the fee has taken word of the following of the next incidents occurred within the final one month: –
- The kidnapping of a minor lady at Jalore, on 22.03.2021 and self-immolation by the mom of the sufferer due to inaction of the authority.
- Gang-rape of a minor at Kota by greater than 30 individuals between 25.02.2021 to 06.03.2021.
- Gang-rape sufferer was burnt alive at Hanumangarh on 05.03.2021.
- Gang-rape of a lady at Kota on 06.03.2021.
- Rape of a lady by the ASI when she got here to lodge a report, on 07.03.2021.
- Rape of a lady at Ajmer on 08.03.2021.
- Disrobing and beating of the mom and the daughter on 09.03.2021.
- Try and kidnap and rape of a instructor on 13.03.2021.
- Try and rape of a lady on the DCP Workplace by the ACP, on 14.03.2021.
- Rape of a affected person within the ICU by the Nursing Individual at Jaipur, on 15.03.2021.
- Rape and making an obscene video of a lady on 15.03.2021.
- Many incidents like gang-rape of a minor at Jhunjhunu, rape of a 6-year-old little one in Sri Ganganagar, sexual harassment of a lady in Bhilwara, kidnapping and rape of a minor at Alwar, rape, and the making of obscene video of a woman, on 18.03.2021.
- Beating by use of lathi of a pregnant daughter at Village Sirana, Pali, on 19.03.2021.
Learn Press Launch